Comprehensive Senior Care Program
Encino Hospital Medical Center's Comprehensive Senior Care Program consists of a specialized, patient-centered Senior ER, Geriatric Inpatient Wing and Transitional Outpatient Services. The program is designed specifically around the unique needs of seniors and uses the most current treatment modalities focusing on individual needs and optimization of health.
Our Interdisciplinary Geriatric Care Team delivers evidence-based medical and nursing care that promotes recovery, safety and well-being. Our team of qualified physicians, nurses, social workers, therapists, and other health care providers engage in developing an individualized care plan. We value our seniors involvement in their care; hence, we encourage their participation in planning their care throughout hospitalization as appropriate.
Our geriatric care providers understand the seniors' need to maintain an environment that is conducive to the provision of care, treatment, and other medical services:
- Treatment areas with low lit lighting/dimmers
- Thicker, pressure-reducing mattresses
- Skid resistant flooring
- Geriatric, reclining chairs
- Hearing and visual aids
- Hand rails
- Large clocks
- Large print signage and documents
Specialized, evidence based medical acute care for elders:
- Geriatric nursing services
- Interdisciplinary team of providers
- Inpatient geriatric consultations
- Medication management
- Safety discussion
- Condition/illness self-management
- Re-hospitalization control
- Senior-focused environment and amenities in our Geriatric Inpatient Wing with private rooms
- Daily reviews of patients ensure appropriate care while the patient is hospitalized and help establish guidelines for care after he or she returns home.
- Patient follow-up after hospital discharge will be coordinated with other healthcare providers including your primary care doctor through collaboration and progress/hospital course report
Our specialists and services are committed to improving the quality of life for patients confronted with serious illnesses. We provide coordinated care consisting of treatment of pain and other symptoms, emotional and decision-making support, in-depth discussion with patients about their condition and their treatment options, and the coordination of patient care during and after a hospital stay.
The EHMC Advantage
Our comprehensive senior-centered approach in delivering care considers an integrated strategy in managing your health from our Senior ER to inpatient geriatric services through the continuum, which may include referral to our Center for Senior Care Clinic and/or coordination and collaboration with your other healthcare providers.
We are your partners in health. Feel free to contact us any time at 1-800-885-3535 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.