We encourage loved ones to visit patients and we make every effort to provide a safe and comfortable environment for our patients and visitors. While receiving care, patients have the right to decide who may or may not visit, and those visitors are allowed without regard to race, color, national origin, language, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or socioeconomic status.
Our staff and caregivers understand the important role that visitors and support persons play and every effort is made to ensure that our patients' support person is embraced as a valued member of the care team.
- To safeguard the comfort of all our patients, visitors are asked to talk quietly and leave promptly when visiting hours have ended.
- The visiting times and/or the number of visitors may be limited in certain circumstances – and vary unit by unit - to protect the health, safety, and privacy of our patients.
- If visitors are not feeling well or have an illness that can be transferred to our patients, please refrain from visiting.
- Visitors must follow infection control precautions, keep noise to a minimum, refrain from taking photographs or videos, and comply with restrictions on smoking, alcohol and illegal substances.
- Before entering and after leaving your loved one's room, make sure to wash your hands.
- All children must be in the company of a responsible adult and may not be left unattended.
Visits from loved ones can be comforting when you are hospitalized. For this reason, Encino Hospital Medical Center staff members make every effort to provide an environment conducive to the needs of both patients and visitors.
General Visiting Hours
- 9:00 am – 9:00 pm every day
No more than (3) three visitors are allowed per patient at a time. Children under 12 are not allowed in the hospital with the exception of Sundays from 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm. This does NOT include maternity.
Critical Care Unit
- Two visitors from the immediate family may visit 10-15 minutes every two hours.
Patients and visitors may park in the parking structure next to the hospital. The entrance to the structure is on Ventura Blvd.
Meals and Snacks
Encino Hospital offers numerous dining choices. Our hospital cafeteria is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack. The cafeteria is located in the basement of the hospital. Cafeteria Hours Monday through Friday are:
- Breakfast 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Lunch 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Dinner 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
An ATM machine is located in the cafeteria.
The hospital gift shop is located on the first floor of the hospital. A wide assortment of snacks are available for purchase.